Dear Residents, Families and Staff,
I hope you are enjoying these brighter and warmer days! We know winter is not over but spring is in sight.
We have completed another week of staff and resident testing. As it has been more than 14 days since our last staff or facility acquired resident positive and community rates continue to decline, we can resume indoor visitation, communal dining and hairdressing services.
Effective Monday March 8, we will be offering indoor visits in the designated visitation areas located on main level dining room. Visits will be offered 10 am – 7 pm Monday through Friday and 10 am – 6 pm Sat and Sunday.
• Residents who are suspected or confirmed COVID-19 positive are not eligible for indoor visits at this time. Residents who are in quarantine after recent hospital stay, are eligible.
• All visits MUST be scheduled in advance. Please contact Rita Lamontagne, Recreation Director at x1820 to schedule your visit.
• Residents are allowed 1 visit per week.
• Visitors will enter through the patio and be screened for temperature and symptoms of COVID-19 prior to entry to visitation area.
• During the visit masks must be worn. A visitor must remain at least 6 feet from resident for the majority of the visit. Brief physical contact may be allowed if desired by resident and visitor. Both must use hand sanitizer before and after contact. Hugs allowed with faces in opposite directions.
• Staff will be available to supervise through the visit.
• Visits will be 45 minutes in length.
Our residents and staff are very excited to have these visits offered again. In the event that a staff person or resident test positive, unfortunately, we will need to suspend visitation at that time. Regardless of the COVID status in the building, compassionate care end of life visits will continue.
Communal dining and Group Activities:
On Tuesday March 9th we will begin communal dining and indoor group activities on the resident units that are COVID negative and recovered. Tables and chairs will be set 6 feet apart and areas will be disinfected after each use. Mask use will be required and hand hygiene will be performed before and after. Any items used in activities will not be shared among residents.
We are eager to welcome back the hairdresser, Donna. Expected opening of the salon is March 22.
As always, please don’t hesitate to reach out with questions.
March 5, 2021