Update from Administrator – June 29, 2020
June 29th, 2020
As always, our team and I hope this email finds you safe and healthy. Another “thank you” for all the staff’s hard work, dedication, and compassion for all our residents here. We remain incredibly grateful for our entire dedicated team and ask you to join me in ensuring that they are included as “Health Care Heroes” battling COVID-19.
The in-person visits between residents and their families is ongoing in accordance with our new policy, we will be offering outdoor social distancing visit options for residents to spend time with family, friends, and loved one. As outlined in the Department of Public Health Care Memorandum to Nursing Homes dated June 1, 2020 the following are the stipulations and requirements:
Guidelines for Outdoor Social Distancing Visits
This facility is pleased that we are now able to facilitate outdoor social distancing visits between you and your loved one. We recognize how stressful the visitor restrictions have been on our residents and their families/friends and we want this to be a successful and safe opportunity for all. Procedures have been established with guidance from the MA. Dept. of Public Health, the MA. Dept. of Epidemiology and State Long Term Care Ombudsman Office and must be adhered to for the safety of our residents.
- All visits must be scheduled in advance and will take place in a designated area.
- The visitor must have their temperature taken and answer simple questions prior to the resident coming out for the visit.
- The resident and their visitor(s) must always wear a facial mask.
- Social distancing must be maintained throughout the entire visit. This means that the resident and their visitor(s) must always be at least six (6) feet apart.
- Person to person contact between the resident and visitor(s) is prohibited.
- No items may be transferred between visitor(s), residents, and staff.
- The visits will be for a maximum of thirty (30) minutes.
- The maximum number of visitors allowed at one time is two (2).
- Visits will only be scheduled before sundown.
- A facility staff member will always be required to remain with the resident and visitor(s)
We are please to inform you that all resident who tested positive for Covid-19 have now recovered. We ask you to continue to follow these guidelines for safe visits. The news we are hearing regarding new cases and spike in positive numbers around the country is concerning, it goes to show how insidious this virus really is, we believe we both have a mutual interest in the safety of your loved ones, following these guideline will help advance our mutual interest.
We are continuing virtual visits for those of you who can not make it in for in-person outdoor visit.
We are grateful for the support individuals and organizations had shown us all this time as we battle this virus.